Freelance and Contract Jewelry CAD Designer and Artist
Hello! I am Andrea- a professional sculptor and jewelry artist/designer with an education in Fine Arts and Jewelry Design from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY.
Throughout my 5 years of experience in the industry I have been involved in a number of facets within jewelry and design, such as in cataloguing, bench jewelry, studio technician, 3D printing technician, and Jewelry/3D CAD design.
My current focus is in CAD and 3D Jewelry Design: I develop designs based on client specifications and direction as well as industry standard 3D printing and casting requirements. I can provide clients with initial hand-drawn sketches, as well as digital sketches and spec sheets using the Adobe Suite programs. Once the design is developed, I can provide clients with 3D models and renders in .stl and .3dm formats depending on client preference.
I provide clients with quality models and fast turnaround as well as quality attention and communication. I have experience working in both large and small industry settings, producing both models for production, and smaller one-on-one client based projects and one-of-a-kind pieces. I also have experience in production and am familiar with the 3D printing and casting process.
I am flexible and open to both short term and long term projects, as well as start-ups.
Looking forward to working with you!
* Click the button to send an offerSend Offer
- Collaborated with the head designer to assemble complete models as well as parts for models based on spec sheets and drawings, correcting and adjusting models to fit the designer’s image
- Managed in house production of models through the clean up of castings and shipments of samples
- Managed storeroom, taking inventory of stones and materials for in house production
Jeweler and Model Maker: CAD and Shop
- Cleaned and assembled pieces for models in sterling silver, gold (various alloys), and other base metals such as copper, brass, and aluminum
- Carried out designs following renders and instruction sheets from designers by using a combination of laser welding and soldering skills as well as a combination of hand and flex shaft tools
- Resized rings and carried out minor repair tasks in a variety of metals
- Coordinated with CAD and product development teams on CAD communication and training of DY CAD processes between outside vendors and Product Development engineers
- Coordinated with research and development engineers to implement use of new tools, materials, and technology to be used for model making and design development in the Shop
- Applied starting knowledge of CNC technology to create more resistant parts in alternative metals for models
- Oversaw packaging of wax models to be sent to casting vendors for in house production and development of jewelry and parts
Design Assistant: High/Fine Jewelry and Bridal
- Managed production of jewelry pieces in Shop and CAD, acting as liaison for CAD and Shop by communicating and updating jewelers and CAD designers with feedback and instruction from Design Director
- Tracked projects in Shop and CAD, maintaining production process on schedule in order to meet Design deadlines
- Maintained communication between Design and Product Development engineers in order to finalize production of samples with outside vendors
- Organized and maintained Design Decks for current and future seasons, updating weekly based on changes to collections and individual designs
- Coordinated with PD and stones teams to order components and stones for production of custom orders from high jewelry clients
- Maintained and organized large inventory and stone vault, tracking use and organization of high end stones and completed samples
CAD Designer and 3D Technician
- Manages and oversees production of custom work and projects in the CAD department, tracking projects before and after initial CAD approval and maintaining production process on schedule with jewelers in order to meet client deadlines
- Collaborates with clients on custom designs, managing the process of designing and creating custom models in CAD
- Oversees 3D printing process, running the printer weekly for models as well as clean up of waxes
- Oversees regular maintenance checks on Solidworks 3D printer and equipment
BFA In Jewelry and Fine Arts
Graduated with Minor in Art History
Jewelry Club: Co-President