What information is collected by us from people who visit our website?
We may collect, save, and use the following kinds of personal information from you:
- information about your computer/laptops and your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, browser type, and its version, geographical location, operating system, referral source, duration of visit, nos. of page views and website navigation paths;
- details that you provide us when you register with our website;
- Details you provide when completing your profile on our website including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, educational details, and employment history;
- details that you provide on our website to subscribe our email notifications and/or newsletters which includes your name and email address;
- details that you provide to us while using the services on our website, or any other transactions entered by you through our website;
- information and details that you post on our website for publication on the internet which includes your user name, profile pictures and the content of your posts;
- information and documents contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website
- Identity Verification: We may collect your Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer-identification number, to validate your identity or as required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may also request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
When do we collect information?
We collect all the information from you when you register on our website for Work online as a Freelancer, use services through our website, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use our website or certain site features or enter information on our site.
How do we use the information collected?
- carry out our obligations and to provide you with agreed services;
- for administration purpose or to improve our website to serve you better;
- in order to allow us to serve you better by responding to your customer service requests;
- request you for ratings and reviews of services;
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- To send you statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- To send you information pertaining to non-marketing and marketing, which we think may be of interest to you;
- To provide the third parties with statistical information about our users;
- To keep our website secure and prevent fraud and
- To verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
- to Meet our legal, regulatory and tax reporting obligations;
- Communicate with you about our site, and services, such as notifications of changes and updates, data or information security breaches, and to provide you with our customer support;
- With your explicit consent to create or distribute promotional and marketing material that is relevant to you;
- For quality assurance and training purposes;
- To promote and market our services and our website ( any social media pages operated by us such as Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.) and
Your details & personal information will not be supplied to any third party without your express consent, for the purpose of the Third party’s direct marketing.
All our website’s financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers. We will disclose your information with our payment service providers only for the purposes of processing payments made by you through our website, such as refunding payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
How do we protect your information?
You are fully responsible for keeping confidentiality of the password used by you for accessing our website; further we will not request you for your password (except and only when you log in to our website).
We assure you to take all reasonable steps within our control to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is complete, up-to-date & accurate. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
Protection of data
The confidentiality and security of your details and information are of utmost importance to us. We have implemented & designed technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect user-information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modifications. Please keep note that despite our best efforts to protect your data and information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Retention of personal data
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too for Freelance jobs online . A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on a visitor’s computer. And that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences ( such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them, whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Use of personal information for direct marketing
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these and services. New features and how they may benefit you, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up-to-date with what’s going on with us and our services.
Direct marketing from us generally takes the form of an electronic email, where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by email, sms, mms or other electronic means we may do so with your express or deemed consent. Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by us will include a means by which you may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information. Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. You can contact us at [email protected]
Links to third party websites
Our website may contain some links to and from third party website. If you do click such links you do at your own risk and subject to terms & condition governing the usage of such third party websites.
You may create a profile containing certain or all information publicly available. You will also have an opportunity to create a profile, consisting of your data which includes your personal information, photographs, portfolio of your work, information on work previously performed on our website and outside our website, skills, hourly pay rates and earnings data, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”).
The information displayed in your Profile will be visible to Workboxhub Users and to the general public. You will have an option to edit certain information in your Profile via your account.
We also provide Clients and Agencies of associated individual users or companies an opportunity to create their organization profile on our website.
If, in any circumstance you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you or about your organization on our website then you can request for it to be removed by writing to us at [email protected]
Before a Freelancer completes the registration on our website, or at any time thereafter, we may request or re-request for the identity verification. For such identity verification, we may request and also require the Freelancers to participate in a video call conducted by us after submitting their government-issued ID. This practice will enable us to confirm that the Freelancer is indeed the same individual as mentioned in the government ID. During the identity verification video call, we may record such video calls and take screenshots of the user.
Workboxhub may use the information obtained from Identity Verification for purposes of verifying your identity and enforcing our Terms and Conditions and for preventing fraud.
The Freelancers, Agencies, and Clients can communicate with each other through our website. E.g., Freelancers, Agencies, and Clients may wish to discuss work proposals on our website. If the Freelancer communicates with an Agency or Client, then that Agency or Client will also be a “data controller” with respect to such communications.
Work Listings Through the Service
If you choose to post a work listing via our website as a Client, the contents of such listing will be viewable publicly on our website. Work listings include information such as budget, location, history of work listing(s) by the Client, the names of other Freelancers performing work for the Client, Client feedback and rating information and timing of project performance.
We collect feedback from Workboxhub Users about their experience with other Workboxhub Users of our website. Kindly note that any feedback you will provide via our website or feedback provided about you is publicly viewable via the website.
On very seldom occasions, we may remove feedback pursuant to the relevant provisions of our Terms and Conditions.